RPCS3 Emulator for Android
RPCS3 is an experimental open-source Sony PlayStation 3 emulator and debugger written in C++ for Windows and Linux. RPCS3 began development in May of 2011 by its founders, DH and Hykem.
This is the first SONY PS3 emulator Project compatible with Android OS (see also PS3 emulator for iOS devices; The mobile version is still experimental, but is able to start most play station 4 games: as Grand Theft Auto: V, Final Fantasy XV, FIFA 2019. The emulator supports Android 6.0+ (or higher).
RPCS3 was founded by programmers DH and Hykem. The developers initially hosted the project on Google Code and eventually moved it to GitHub later in its development. The emulator was first able to successfully boot and run simple homebrew projects and was then later publicly released in June of 2012. Today RPCS3 is dubbed one of the most complex video game console emulators of all time with an endless goal to effectively emulate the Sony PlayStation 3 and all of its aspects
** IMPORTANT: RPCS3 Emulator Project DOESN’T INCLUDE GAMES. GAMES MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE USER **
The goal of this project is to experiment, research, and educate on the topic of PlayStation 3 emulation that can be performed on compatible devices and operating systems. All information was obtained legally by purchasing PlayStation 3 hardware and software. Additional information was obtained from various sources on the internet that include but is not limited to system hardware and software documentation.
Although PS3 emulator is compatible with most of the Android and iOS devices, it comes with some limitations as well as device requirements. Unless and until your device is capable enough to run the emulator software, you will not be able to play the games. Here we have mentioned the minimum system requirements for the PS3 emulator.
- Make sure you have at least 500 MB of free storage space on your device’s SD card.
- It is recommended to have at least 3 GB of RAM on your Android to handle the emulator properly. Devices with less than 3GB ram will have a hard time running the emulator.
- Your Android device must be running on Android Version 6.0 or Higher. Otherwise, the emulator might show compatibility issues.
- Android phones powered by MediaTek or other processors aren’t really good for gaming. Qualcomm Snapdragon powered devices can give you good gaming experience.
- Download emulator App for Android
- Open file manager, locate the download RPCS3 Emulator apk file and install it on your device
- Open the RPCS3 after the successful completion of the installation process
- Let’s play
- Format: APK
- Size: 169,22 MB
- Developer: RPCS3
- Version: 09-aa4h
The RPCS3 for Android is free and it does not need any shady download server conditions. Download the tested Play Station 3 Emulator App for Android and start playing your favorite SONY games.
- SONY Play Station 3 project for Android (RPCS3): download
Follow us on social networks in the links below to support us or give us feedback: